Friday 10 April 2015

Revelations shock Netaji's daughter

Revelations shock Netaji's daughter

Sandeep Unnithan   |   Mail Today  |   New Delhi, April 10, 2015 | UPDATED 11:20 IST
 
Anita Bose-PfaffI am not too surprised to hear that my father's family was under surveillance. My uncle Sarat Chandra Bose was politically active until just after India's Independence and he was not in agreement with the Congress.But he passed away in 1950.The fact that my cousins Amiya Nath Bose and Sisir Bose were under surveillance is a bit startling.
What is the point in that? They had no security implications at all.They were politically interested but not politically active until later in their lives.The government possibly believed that if my father was alive and wanted to come back to India,my cousins would be the most logical people for him to contact.
I remember a group of British intelligence officers accompanied by an Indian official who visited our flat in Vienna to ask my mother some questions. I cannot remember what they asked her, I was just three years old, but I do remember what my mother told the Indian officer. She told him about 'people who were traitors to their country's interests'. The man turned red in the face.
Anita Bose-Pfaff, 73, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's daughter spoke to Sandeep Unnithan from her home in Augsburg, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment